Sunday, October 09, 2005

Slight panic

Sh**. The test is on Tuesday. I've been studying continuously for, what, 9 days now and I feel like I know nothing at all. Been trying to review everything in my head and it all just gets mixed up. Now is as good a time as any for general panic.

Yesterday, having been bent over my desk for10 hours straight (well -nearly straight) I got up, put on some loud rock music and took a hot bath in order to relax (thankfully my parents were at the theatre, theyr're not big fans of loud rock music). It didn't work out very well so I went out dancing with a friend of mine. That didn't work either. So this morning (read: at lunchtime) when I got up, I cleaned my room and the upstairs bathroom to get my mind of things. Yet again I failed. So I went jogging for an hour with my friend Elísa. And the panic is greater than ever. Perhaps I would feel better if I acctually just went to sleep. But that is not an option at seven o'clock on a sunday night. So, cross your fingers for me next Tuesday! I'll let you know how everything works out.

About that jogging thing. I've always hated jogging. Never been able to do it. But this summer, I went to a fitness class called "Boot Camp", which is, as the name indicates, very difficult physically. I got up at six in the morning, three times a week and started my day by being practially murdered by the coaches. We did runs, sit-ups, push-ups and what not - and the best of all, we got to beat up punching-bags. Punching is surprisingly hard, I'll tell you. But bloody good fun all the same and an excellent method to relieve oneself of whatever rage one might feel. This brutal fitness course also included some drastic dietary changes (i.e. no sugar, less carbs, more proteins and rivers of water). This insanity went on for 12 weeks and ended on 3. september. Ever since, I've felt this growing need to exercise (me- of all people) and all my dancing classes just weren't doing it for me so I took up jogging and now run happily all around Rek. Very un-characteristic, to be honest, but it just feels so good.

Well - still panicking so- back to the books..

Edda

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home