Friday, October 14, 2005

London baby!

It's signed, sealed and delivered; I'm coming to London!

I've been longing for English soil all this year. In fact, I've been moaning so much that my mom just told me to get over myself and do something about it. So I did. Me and my friend Iris made a deal. If we would do well on our Lit test, we'd pack up our bags and head for the U.K. If not, then we'd stay in Iceland and be miserable. Well, the test went great for both of us so last Wednesday we sat ourselves down, booked our flight and we'll join you on jan. 4th and stay until the 10th! We're just thrilled. I can't wait to show her Oxford Street (since she's never been to London we figured we'd start there) ;)

So. I need some info. Last time I was in London I just couldn't find Pineapple Store. I know for a fact that it's supposed to be located in Covent Garden. So last time I was in London I went there. And I searched and I searched, and then I searched some more, and then I just gave up, sat myself down and had a cuppa and a fag. Healthy healthy. So this time around I definately will find Pineapple store, but I don't count on finding it on my own so some directions would be great.

The reason I want to find Pineapple store so badly is that I just spent like an entire months worth of salary on pointe shoes, training shoes, tights and leotards for this dance hobby of mine. It's terribly expensive in Iceland and I am hoping (somewhat optimistically I'll admit) that I'll find something cheaper in London.

Dancing is going great, actually, better than it has since 2002. I am going to be performing at this event called "Danslist" (transl. Danceart) which is a part of a week-long festival called Unglist (Young Art) and am terribly excited about it, since I've never been asked to do it before. The performance is on nov. 9th, not exactly all the time in the world to prepare, but I'll manage somehow.

I'm feeling hungry so I'm going to abandon this attempt to write something interesting and resume it at a later time.

See you all on the 4th (and Emma, I'll see you and Umber before the new-year, or so I hear! You'll love it!)

Love

Edda and her pointe shoes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home